The next Grasstree Gathering will be hosted in Sydney from March 16-20, 2018.
Dates: 10 am Friday 16 March 2018 and finishes with dinner on Tuesday 20 March 2018. (Some participants will need to arrive Thursday night 15 March 2018).
Venue: Peter Canisius House, 102 Mona Vale Road, Pymble NSW 2073
Registrations are now open! Register here
Grasstree participants have the option attending the SURRENDER Conference in Melbourne following Grasstree. This would mean Wednesday 21 March is a free day in Sydney and then travel to Melbourne on Thursday 22 March to attend the Surrender Conference from Friday 23 March to Sunday 25 March. Participants would return home following Surrender with flights departing Melbourne from 2pm on Sunday 25 March.
Please consider financially supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christian Leaders to attend the Grasstree Gathering. Details for making a donation can be found here.
Come and hear from a collection of established and emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander theologians as they present on what the dreaming and spirituality means to them and to the Australian church.This is the first day of the Grasstree Gathering, a network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christian Leaders from all across Australia and we are inviting you in!Cost is $30 to be paid at the door.Tea & coffee will be served from 9:30am where you can meet with Aboriginal Christian leaders from across the country. The symposium concludes at 4:30pm. Lunch provided.Papers will be present on:
The papers presented are part of an edition of the Australasian Pentecostal Studies Journal being co-edited by Tanya Riches and Brooke Prentis to be published late 2018/early 2019.The day will also include a Q&A panel.
- Rev Aunty Patricia Courtenay will present on “Indigenous Theologians in Australia – the who, what, when, and the where to next?”
- Rev Uncle Ray Minniecon will presnet on "Job: An Aboriginal Story"
- David Armstrong will present on "Dreaming and Spirituality from an Indigenous Perspective"
- Uncle Rex Granites Japanangka and Steve Bevis will present on ‘Listening for the Spirit: Warlpiri Experiences of Faith and Country’
- Adam Gowen will present on "Nguram-bula": A personal journey of faith and Aboriginality
- Safina Stewart will present on “Heaven Came Down”: A journey with Bunjil the Eagle
- Brooke Prentis will present on "The relevance and importance of the Dreaming and Aboriginal peoples spirituality for the church in Australia"
This celebration night is an invitation to come and listen to and hear from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christians from all over Australia. We hope you can make it!
The best entrance to The Knox Culture Centre is on the Pacific Highway at Wahroonga, with parking underneath the Tennis Courts on Borambil Street. See map for more details.