We are asking churches to partner in some way with the Grasstree Gathering in 2018, to help enable and support this valuable ministry.
Through this partnership we’re asking your church to:
- Sponsor one Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Christian Leader enabling them to attend the Grasstree Gathering at a cost of $800 per delegate - all inclusive.
- If you are in Sydney, potentially billet one or two Grasstree Gathering participants on the nights of 15th March and/or 20th & 21st March.
- If you are in Sydney, potentially help with transporting Grasstree Gathering participants to the airport or Grasstree venues during the dates of the gathering.
- Write a letter of support to one of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christians Leaders encouraging them in their ministries.
- Commit to praying for the Grasstree Gathering and one of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christians Leaders.
In return your church will receive:
- A relationship with an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Christian Leader, who could participate in your service on 18th March.
- If you are in Sydney, an opportunity/invitation for your church to attend a Symposium at United Theological College in North Parramatta to learn from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christian Leaders as they present papers on Dreaming and Spirituality on Friday 16th March.
- If you are in Sydney, an invitation for your church to attend the Grasstree celebration night on Monday 21st March.
- An opportunity for your church to serve Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Christian Leaders.
Further details of the Grasstree Gathering can be downloaded here, including an overview of the work of Grasstree, and ways you might be able to practically support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christian Leaders through the 2018 Grasstree Gathering in Sydney. Please take a read through and consider how your church can support, then fill in the form below to start a conversation about Church partnership.
This is a wonderful opportunity to bless the Aboriginal Church of Australia, build meaningful relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, help churches actively participate in Reconciliation, and foster and encourage future Aboriginal leadership.
Thank you for your support.